Life (when I was) in the Performing Arts of Dance


I wonder if I can still can do that. I recall trying it (air-freeze) once months ago and I strained the muscle on my butt (lolz). I used to perform in front of large and small audiences. Thinking back now, I wonder how did I even muster up the courage to do that.

My latest dance video back in 2014 with my partner =)  

Choreographies in studios

How did it all started ? Just to summarize, I got invited by my cousin sister to this audition called Talentime Nite (2007) during my orientation program in TARC (now known as TARUC), auditioned as a dancer, recruited in, joined a team, hogged onto the bandwagon called 'TT Crew' and the rest is history.

GOD I MISS THOSE TIMES!
They were crazy and its never-ending fun with these people I tell you! It is one of the best moments of my life and have made my college life a very very memorable one. I'd do it all over again !



...

Come 2008, my strong-scary lady leader, the well renowned all around Malaysia, ballet-street dancer, Elaine Chiam.  We both decided to make a small group 'more permanent and focused'. It was the beginning of another crazy journey. Who knew we manage to qualify for competitions, got hired to dance for events & get to be on national television !?!?

Max Identity (est. since 2008)


Astro Battleground 2010 Commercial



Astro Battleground 2010 Preliminaries


I never I thought I would be paid to do something I enjoy doing for fun. We had to cope with college classes, assignments, tests and exams and at the same time make ourselves available for rehearsals, practices, and choreograph for shows & competitions. I think we kinda covered the whole Klang Valley in terms of performance locations. We run almost everywhere!

Again I wonder back to myself how did we even do that XD. Most importantly we still manage to score merits upon graduation ! Holy shh~~ XD XD
Of course, we nvr forget to have fun along the way =)

...

Then 'they' appeared. They brought all of us onto a whole new level.

 
Project Elementz (est. since 2005) ;  Freedom Dance Studio (est. since 2003)
p.s. I still kinda like the old PEZ logo although that was before I joined =P

It all happened after I finished my studies and came back from Sheffield, U.K, graduated. (2011) I danced and worked for a while until mid year 2012.

Elaine & Jackson joined them earlier before around 2010 I think. Then I came in later along with Mr Ang (Ku) a year later. They were originally pure bboys, but then I admire their spirit of willing to adapt to other dance styles. Then we combined, sort of like a Max Identity-Project Elementz thing. Anyway we danced as a crew, lived like a family =)



The experience with all of them were phenomenal, the shows we performed in, the competitions we joined. The hours of practice, rehearsals were far more extreme than what we were used to. My last phenomenal experience with them were also my last one, 8TV's Showdown 2012. As I promised my dad I had to come back to reality and make a living for myself and join the family business.




I miss sharing the stage with ya'll & the crazy 'blow water' sessions & the crazy rehearsal hours

No one would understand the kind of bond we all shared, the toilet, the shower - we all shared XD




Some of the Showdown 2012 video that I managed to find uploaded:


Although there were times we don't agree with each other, we quarreled, I was stupid - I know when I realized (lolz), you know how much I still love and miss you guys over the years. Although most of everyone have gone to their separate ways of career establishment, but I believe we are still connected at some point.

That 'Super' sign is embedded forever underneath my chest, within my heart. XOXO

Show some love to my family ! Check out their Facebook and Youtube channels

Facebook : facebook.com/freedomdancestudio

Instagram : @freedomdancestudio

Youtube : FreedomDanceStudioTV

  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I married my stalker ! (Pt.1)

First time in a long time....

Life as おとうさん (Otou-san) ^_^